Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Lan Messenger Application Error

Matt:



When I launch Lan Messenger, I get an Application error: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click OK to terminate the application. Any ideas why this is happening? I have several other computers that are working fine. Thanks!
Benita J. Decamp:
Does it happen on just one computer? How often does this occur?
ginobuonpanino:
It happens even in my pcs (2 pc mounting windows xp pro) ?
Benita J. Decamp:
Does it occur randomly? Or does it always occur when you do something specific? Please list the steps you did when you got this error.

Tahmaseeb:

It doesn't work in Windows 10, i have installed it in windows 7 and its working fine. but i couldn't run it in any of the XP pro mounted windows. any fix will be appreciated.
Benita J. Decamp:
Could you send me the application logs? Next time the app crashes, go to "%LocalAppData%\LAN Messenger\LAN Messenger\logs" folder and get the five latest files and send them to me. This will help me diagnose the issue.

Tahmaseeb:

well, i checked the log folder you told me about, it was empty. for all the Windows XP Pro i installed it on the same thing, every time i try to start the application this is the error i get
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click OK to terminate the application.
Claude W:

I solved this problem by downloading the previous version lmc-1.2.10-win32.exe , from where are the old files.--


EspaƱol/ Spanish: Yo solucione este problema descargando la version anterior a la nueva, la lmc-1.2.10-win32.exe desde la pagina donde estan los archivos de LMC anteriores, el problema me dio solo a instalar la nueva version en el XP sp2 en una placa ECS con procesador AMD. Anteriormente instale en otras PCs con XP y no tuvieron ese problema. Inclusive instale en W7 tampoco me dio error.

Suerte..
Benita J. Decamp:
Hmm, that's interesting from a technical point of view. Version 1.2.10 and earlier used certain libraries provided by Microsoft, whereas newer versions use open source libraries. Perhaps they have some incompatibility with Windows 10. This gives me a new direction to investigate.
Harry:
The solution just install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 or 2010 Redistributable.
That's its.

No comments:

Post a Comment