Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Cannot change - LAN messenger broadcast address, UDP port, TCP port

Eleanor R. Moore:

Good Day from down under

On this page - https://messenger.softros.com/help/subnets/

Its says you can change 

What is broadcast address, UDP port, TCP port etc?



Broadcast address is used for network wide communications. You can edit it to include a smaller subnet. UDP and TC ports are communication endpoints used to identify a specific address. Follow these links to know more.


But I found you cant, as I have almost 40 years experience with C I fixed this myself.

What is best way for me so send updated code to source code 'owners' ?

David P. Smith:

The best way is fork & pull request on github.


Eunice A. Shaw:

Could you post your file edits and then at least I can recompile the executable?

No comments:

Post a Comment