Search This Blog

Monday, March 11, 2019

How To Build LAN Messenger from Source Code?

Basil  Wushuri:

Hello Everyone Here, As I am beginner, this LAN Messenger Project helps me a lot to learn cool things in C++, and as this Project is available for all the major platforms, it really helps me a lot ...lot of new things about different platforms. 
I have made various programs in Visual C++, mostly are console application, I also tried my hands on GUI but very basic with 2-3 source files(ex-calculator), but i am am not familiar with these type of source code(with multiple source and UI files) I want to know the whole step by step process to build LAN Messenger from source code, for windows, if possible please also tell the process for debian.

If possible please add some good references.
I am waiting for the reply.




Helper:

I am not sure about MSVC. I used Qt creator with included mingw. Here is general steps:

I prefer to build lan messenger using static Qt libs, but it is not trivial to build static Qt libs with webkit.
Here is start point for building static Qt:
Webkit:

OR- You can also use shared Qt.

Basil  Wushuri:

But I am Using Visual studio 2015 community

Helper:

No comments:

Post a Comment