Search This Blog

Friday, August 25, 2023

LAN messenger: a port address 50000 conflict on start up

Pete:

How do I fix this error?
When first butting the computer an error message occurs. I have changed the port to 60000 and the same error message happens. What's up?

Error Message: "A port address conflict has been detected. LAN Messenger will close now. LAN Messenger cannot start because another application is using the port configured for use with LAN Messenger."

ng_sa:

Hi

This software should now be thought of as 'Abandonware' no one can help you here.
I have tried to get a login for this forum & that does not even work.

I've migrated our office to alternative LAN messenger https://messenger.softros.com

But you will have to download the source code & work out the problem for yourself, sorry for such bad news!!!




LAN messenger download



Lilia Palma 

Hola, tengo este mismo problema, serĂ¡ que alguien ya lo ha resuelto?
Ayuda... por favor!
Vinod:
Still the issue persist..I'm also facing the same issue. I'm using version 1.2.35. Any solution for this issue..
Maria333:
Our office migrated to Softros lan messenger, recommend to try this app and see if this error happen again.
Randi:

At the command prompt, I ran netstat -noa. Then, tasklist. Netstat -noa would tell you if the port 50000 is used or not, if it is, then it will tell you which PID is using the port. Then, tasklist command would tell you the program file name with the PID. For my case, nothing was using the port 50000, so it didn't help at all. 

Since this issue was only happening to Dell laptop computers we have, not desktop or HP computers, I assumed it was something to do with Dell pro-loaded software. After uninstalling those things like Dell backup and recovery, Dell whatever else not required for the computer to function well, we no longer had this issue.
JoeK:
Just go to the task manager, stop the process for lan messenger, then relaunch app. works for me
k_d:
just go to the task manager, stop the
process for lan messenger, then
relaunch app.
now it will show in notification icons.
Master:
i have two alternate to solve this:

A.
Change the communication port in all machines for LMC
change tcp/udp port from Tool>Preference>network.

in case application is not at all opening then, add below line in the .ini file placed at "%appData%\Roaming\LAN Messenger\LAN Messenger.ini" and open application.
Code:[Connection]
UDPPort=50001
TCPPort=50001

where 50001 is the new port.

B.
Identify & kill the process,which uses 50000 port with following detailed process:
1.From Task manger, open resource monitor
2.Go to network tab and check under tcp connections,PID of the application,which is using "local port" as 50000
3.Note down PID (process ID) of the application and do 'end process' from network tab.
ex. in my case it was 'svchost.exe' with particular PID
4.Now open LMC,it must work.

Hope this info helps everyone like me...

Kasie: 
I tried to open my messaging app, but I got an error message saying there was a conflict with the port it uses. Ports are like mailbox numbers that apps use to send and receive data. It looks like another app is already using the port my messaging app wants to use. How can I change the port my messaging app uses so it doesn't conflict with the other app?

Yolanda:

I'm having the same problem with my messaging app on my Mac computer. On my PC, I found out the ports my messaging app is trying to use are TCP ports 51049, 51062, 51260 and UDP ports 50422, 58980.

The ports apps use can change each time the app opens up. I'm not sure where to find the setting file for my messaging app (on both Mac and PC) that lets me specify which ports I want it to use.

Does anyone know where I can change the port settings for my LAN Messenger app? That way I can make sure it uses ports that don't conflict with other apps. Let me know if you need any help understanding the port numbers or finding the setting files.


Terrence:

I'm having the same problem too on my Windows 10 Pro computer since yesterday. When I used the netstat -abn command to check, I saw that only the lmc.exe app was using port 50000. But when I tried to start my messaging app, it still said there was a port conflict with 50000. Then today, it just started working again without any error. Very strange!



People Also Ask Questions:










1 comment:

  1. Your email client might be using that port. Close your email client and try opening LAN Messenger.

    ReplyDelete